Thursday, July 7, 2011

#c64 Lords Of Conquest

I asked a friend on Twitter (@RobinsonMason) to divulge his top three strategy titles on the 64. I love strategy games -- I remember on the old PC, Perfect General II was one of my all time favorites. But true strategy games were always a bit lacking on the 64. I loved M.U.L.E on the 64 and a few others. It wasn't until I took @RobinsonMason's suggestion and loaded Lords Of Conquest that I suddenly remembered this game. I owned the original as a kid and LOVED it! It's basically Risk on steroids and I had hours of fun playing this as a kid. I loaded it up last night and found scanned docs here: http://www.gamebox64.com/cgi-bin/displaygameboxdetails.pl?GameBox64ID=55&view=Instructions

It was fun. I need some more practice but I think Lords of Conquest is back in my life for good.

2 comments:

  1. Great! What kind of connector are you using for the video in that? I use a V2V Pro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. I picked up an s-video cable someone was selling on eBay. It has worked great so far. I'm going to check into what you're doing there, though.

    ReplyDelete