Thursday, April 28, 2011

#c64 Disk swapping WORKING on my uIEC (and so is GEOS)

I finally got disk swapping working on my uIEC/SD. I followed the instructions on various web sites to the letter but it never worked. I finally deleted the AUTOSWAP.LST file and created it again on my work PC instead of my iMac at home. Voila! Worked like a champ! The Mac must put extra data in the file, as it was twice the size it should have been.

I tried GEOS and it works VERY well on the uIEC. You do have to have it programmed as device 8, but it works. I was able to "swap" through 4 different GEOS disk images to launch GeoWrite, GeoPaint, and several other programs.

I'm eager to hunt though multi-disk games now and get them working. I know the first few will be Skate or Die, Wasteland, Gunship, and F-19 Stealth Fighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment