Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Set Back

The IDE64 keeps locking up my system. It seems to work okay when I first start, but within 20 minutes, it locks up the 64. Then it will only run for 5 minutes at a time at the most. The oddest thing is I notice the red LED light on the 64 dims when the system crashes. If I pull the IDE64 out, the system runs just fine. I wonder if the IDE64 is drawing too much power. Maybe the power supply is failing. You really have to have a lot of patience when you put together an old system.

I've been in communication with Josef Soucek, the guy I purchased it from and he has been helping. I have another power supply coming back within the next couple of days (it was a "heavy duty" one that arrived DOA a week ago). Hopefully that will put this to rest. I'm eager to get the RR-NET and Contiki on the Internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment