Monday, May 10, 2010

IDE64 Issue Solved

The IDE64 lockup issues were a result of not enough juice being delivered by the two standard power supplies I had. I purchased a modified Commodore 128 power supply that would work with the 64 and sure enough, I ran the 64 with the IDE64 all day. The 64 ran great with the old power supplies, but once you install an expansion card like the IDE64, I guess they draw too much power.

I spent today trying to figure out the plugin system on the IDE64. It should allow you to launch D64 images from within the IDE64 file manager. I was unable to figure it out before I had to quit. I did find and use this tip to extract D64 images on the PC and then move them using the IDE64. This worked out well.

Once I get my file management issues solved, I plan on tackling Contiki and my RR-NET card to get the old system on to the Internet.

2 comments:

  1. yay, more power. I got an Amiga from a friend of mine the other day, which came with a Goliath power supply. which I hadn't seen before. I need to find time to power the little fella up now.

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never owned an Amiga, but back in the day I sure wanted to! Two of my friends had them and I was quite envious.

    ReplyDelete